Substitute Warscrolls

Home Forums General Discussion Substitute Warscrolls

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Greg Rex 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Slick_Kid
    Participant

Below is the letter I wrote GW hoping to get a formal response from them. I haven’t heard back yet, but in the meantime I’d like to hear what you all think.

“Dear GW,

I would like to inquire and see what the official ruling is on how to include or use the substitute warscrolls included in the back of some of the compendiums? ie. If I were to take the Bretonnians to battle and wanted to take a Bretonnian Lord on Hippogryph, how would I treat it? As it is recommended to just take the Louen Leonceour warscroll. If so, one could never take King Leonceour and a Lord on Hippogryph, correct? One also could never take a Lord on Hippogryph as your general and give him an artifact or command trait as you cannot give them to unique character warscrolls nor duplicate unique characters in matched play. May you please clarify the ruling for this in matched play? I’m sure it would be greatly appreciated to so many of us long lived Bretonnian players and the other Realms from the compendium. Thank you so much!”

What do you guys think? How would you rule this? would it be possible to create ones own warscroll for units/heroes like this?

Greg Rex
    Keymaster

Tyler, I just looked at the Bretonnian Compedium and it does seem that GW wrote out a Lord on Hippogryph. For narrative play it seems fair to use a normal lords stat line and merge that with Louen’s hippogryph stats. The problem right now is how to point it for matched play. Hopefully they address this in the next version of the Generals Handbook.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.